Friday, June 24, 2005

The Summers that was...Part II

Carrying on from where I had left off... April 11th Monday: This was the day wen v met the 3 IIMA interns going to new york to do their intership at AEFA....decent ppl exxept for one of them...a CA who thot the world of himself...anyways what pinched was the fact that AMex took summer interns from IIMA for the US and from IIMB for gurgaon!!...but i hav no regrets personally coz i got to go home, meet my old college friends, visit my favourite places in Delhi, spend time with my Parents and generally enjoy life at Chhawla..especially over theweekends.. anyways the rest of the week went off in mundane stuff like getting oriented etc..and then came Friday the 15th of April...me took a half day and rushed HOMEEE....to jaipur...ummed singh got the car to office and i set off...only problem being that it was too hot..and the maruti didnt hav an AC..so i got baked in the heat...but anyways got home...and then had an awesome time coz Mom was already thr....went to c a stupid movie called Tango Charlie and generally enjoyed myself over the weekend.....
got bak on Monday morning straight to office....work continued....but this time the added distraction was the incoming Freshers welcome for the fuchchas who wuld b joining IIMB this yr...
so on Saturday, 23 April I went to college to get some pressing work regarding my degree done...and i enjoyed myself tremendously just sinking in the atmosphere at good old college..everything was more or less the same and exam season was on..so I went straight to Muk West..whr Shane a junior friend of mine stays...spent time with him reading the yearbook..and then met a few other juniors from Economics and had lunch with Charchit a batchmate of mine..who came all the way especially to meet me....also met up with Hitesh another friend who was luckily living near college....was finally off after a verry hectic day..
Come Sunday, the 24th of April and I went off to hav an afternoon rendezvous with the great Mr. Jolly...aka harshdeep at one of the famous Gurgaon malls which are actually quite boring coz if u hav seen one of them u hav seen all....but anyways we ate at a decent place and then it was time for me to go to MDI to pik up my fellow IIMB colleague to push off to Irish Cafe in the PVR Priya complex where the Freshers welcome was being held...it didnt turn out to b as great as expected tho..the females were ok types and the place turned out to b too small to house almost 45 ppl who had turned up...and soon it was difficult to breathe in the small place...so i cut a relatively early exit...and it had begun raining too....but all in all a very hectic weekend....
so by then i had finished 3 weeks of my internship and workwise i was effectively still at the starting blocks..but otherwise i was having fun...the Chhawla mess was awesome and the staff were also pretty efficient...tho i used to shout at them once in a while..just for the heck of it...and i had a driver to take me wherever i wanted on weekends etc..more on all this in Part III....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home