Thursday, May 25, 2006

life on the 30th floor...

"in the ides of may i flew out of my clan,
exploring new lands was my gameplan,
but left behind were my memories in the great homeland,
experiences imprinted in immortal sand"...

blogs title inspired by location of office in world financial center
time of day: afternoon in new york....past midnight in india
mood of the day: reflective, thoughtful, philosophical...

well its been 2 weeks for me here in the big apple and its high time i put down my coherent thoughts together...
the great part about coming to work every morning is the ferry ride we get to take across the Hudson River....
as a kid..and even during MBA i used to wish for a job that would compel me to get out of bed every morning and rush to office...well in a way the wish has surely come true...the experience of the wind blowing around you as u climb to the open deck on the ferry with the manhattan skyline laid out before u like a neat breakfast platter is something that i cannot ever forget...and ofcourse if i ever go to work in any other location i shall forever end up comparing this to it and never find things up to the mark..so dear god keep me in this utopian state if u can!!

"devon and blakeleys salads are my lunch,
doing things productive as grilled chicken i munch,
the thousand island dressing makes things all the more sweet,
giving me energy to willingly greet,
all and sundry who come my way,
thus passes my eventful day...
in the office on the 30th floor...when god closes a window he sure does open a door!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home