Thursday, July 07, 2005

TSTW--The last installment

May 28-3June: The last week....
The weekend started with my Mom leaving bak for Jodhpur....by then the French Open had started so me spent quite sometime at office refreshing the live scores page on the french open website...much to the consternation of mr das who used to think i am "RGing" him by doing that too...i mean the complexes ppl hav at times!....by then our BSF project was also over so we made a visit to the headquarter office in CGO complex to deliver our report...they quite liked it i think...and we got our certi..so both parties' interests were served...
my final presentation day was thursday...it happened sometime in the afternoon and had subroto, amit and medha as the distinguished listeners...my opinion was that it went off decently..with the positive side being the attitude of the listeners...they were pretty cooperative throughout which made more of a diference than their feelings regarding the actual work done...afterwards i was busy tying up the loose ends like getting a certificate of completion etc. and saying bbye to my fellow team members....friday being the last day i came late...ate lunch with my team ...and buzzed off early to the malls at gurgaon...my last visit in sometime there...bought the golden gate....to keep me entertained in the train and then pushed off home in the evening...so that was the completion of my summers experience narrative...
in terms of learnings i wuld say it was the most eye opening time of my MBA career...after all it does hit u hard wen u realize that the kind of work u wuld b doing rite after graduating from an IIM is not even close to the ideal sort of work u wish to do....so basically a time for serious career introspection for me....hope things work out...but come wat may..i can say one thing without a doubt..the 2 months spent in my summer internship wuld b remembered by me forever...in more ways than one...some pleasant..some not so pleasant..but all very unforgetable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home